12 Feb 2012

Vegetable Soup



It has been very cold for the past three weeks and one of my favourite things for this weather is to have soup. I make a different one every night, depending on what I have in my fridge. It is healthy, it warms you and it is very easy to make.

I make my soup the way mom taught me: chop everything, chuck it in the pressure cooker with vegetable stock and then blend it enough to look like baby food, just the way I like it.

Here is today's recipe:

Ingredients

1 onion
2 carrots
2 small potatoes
1 parsnip
1 leek
1 vegetable stock cube

Chop the onion and sauté it with a little bit of olive oil, in the pressure cooker or whichever cooker you have.
Chop all the other ingredients and add them to the cooker, together with the vegetable stock and salt and leave it to cook for about 20 minutes.

Carefully open the pressure cooker (never forget to let the pressure out before trying to open it) and blend it. If you have some leftover pasta (no sauce) or rice, put it in and blend it too, so as not to waste food and make it more filling :) I added white rice to this one, you can see it if you look carefully at the picture. Go ahead, look!


Serve it with grated parmesan or basil leaves (these were added to make the picture look nice :D)


Calories (4 servings): 321 per serving


No comments:

Post a Comment